When it comes to renovating their bathroom, many Toronto homeowners focus on updating fixtures and adding new tiles.
But transforming the shower area is equally important to make a significant impact on the overall look and feel of the space. One way to do so is by installing the right shower door.
Inline frameless shower doors are increasingly popular in Toronto homes. Before we find out what makes this type of shower door a perfect choice for your bathroom, let’s define what an inline frameless shower door is.
What Is an Inline Frameless Shower Door?
This is a type of shower door that is installed without a visible metal frame around the glass. Instead, the glass panels are joined together using minimal hardware, such as hinges and brackets concealed to create a seamless, sleek look.
The term ‘inline’ refers to the fact that the shower door is installed in a straight line, usually between two walls or as part of a larger glass enclosure. This type of shower door is mainly used in modern and contemporary bathroom designs where a clean, minimalist aesthetic is desired.
Why Should You Choose an Inline Frameless Shower Door for Your Bathroom?
Here are some reasons why you should choose an inline frameless shower door for your Toronto home’s bathroom.
1. It Offers a Modern and Sleek Design
Inline frameless shower doors have a minimalistic and modern design that adds a touch of elegance to any bathroom. As it is made from thick, tempered glass, it does not require a bulky frame to support it. This provides an unobstructed view of your shower area, making the space appear more open and spacious.
2. It Requires Little Maintenance
Framed shower doors feature numerous crevices where dirt and grime can accumulate. This requires more time and effort to clean and maintain.
On the other hand, inline frameless shower doors have a smooth surface that you can easily wipe down using a clean microfiber cloth or squeegee. This makes it a preferred choice, especially for busy homeowners who do not have much time to spend cleaning their showers.
3. It Is Durable
Frameless shower doors are typically made with tempered glass which is more durable than regular glass. This means that they are less likely to break or shatter, making them a safer option for households with children or pets.
The glass used in frameless shower doors is also much thicker than traditional glass shower doors, enabling them to withstand more wear and tear over time.
4. It Is Customizable
Whether you have a small bathroom with limited shower space or a large bathroom, a reputable shower door company like ours can customize your frameless shower glass doors to fit any bathroom size and shape. Even if you have a bathroom with an unconventional layout, they make sure to precisely measure the height, width, or angle of the space to make it a perfect fit.
5. It Increases Property Value
The installation of an inline frameless shower door has the potential to increase the value of your property. It gives your bathroom a modern and luxurious feel that can attract potential buyers. This is especially true in Toronto, where many homebuyers prefer updated and high-end finishes.
How to Choose an Inline Frameless Glass Shower Door
Choosing the right inline frameless glass shower door involves several considerations. Here are some tips to help you select the right one.
- Measure the space: Before purchasing an inline frameless glass shower door, correctly measure the width and height of the shower opening to ensure that the door will fit properly.
- Choose the right glass thickness:Typically, frameless shower doors are made of tempered glass that ranges in thickness from ⅜ of an inch to ½ an inch. Shower doors made with thicker glass are more durable and resilient to wear and tear.
- Decide on the type of glass:There are several types of glassused to make shower doors, each having its own features and benefits. Clear glass is a popular choice because it provides a sleek, modern look and allows light to pass through. Frosted or textured glass can provide more privacy.
- Consider hardware options:Frameless shower doors require hardware such as hinges, handles, and brackets to support and secure the door. Choose hardware that matches your bathroom decor and complements the design of the shower door.
- Check for water-tightness:Look for a shower door with a proper seal to prevent water from leaking out of the shower. Some doors come with a sweep or drip rail that helps keep water inside the shower.
If you are looking to upgrade your bathroom, inline frameless shower doors are a smart choice. They offer a range of benefits that can improve the function and overall appearance of your bathroom. Now that you know everything about these types of shower doors, you can choose one that is right for your bathroom. However, if you are unsure about which shower door to choose or how to install it, consult with one of our professional installers. They will make the best use of your existing bathroom space and help you choose and install the perfect inline frameless shower door.